Monday, February 20, 2012

IHSW results!

Hey everyone, hope you all had a wonderful stitchy weekend! I am super excited to check out every one's blogs, you all have some beautiful projects on the go!
 I managed to get some stitching time in Friday night, and most of Sunday afternoon...I am working overtime again, which makes me grumpy cause it cuts in to my stitch and relax time, but I can't argue with a little bit of extra money...which equals into more stash, so its not all bad, lol
Spent most of Friday night working on a little red car friend of mine, I hope to have a finish on him when he makes the next rotation.



I have also made a lot of progress on Ascendant since last time, after frogging all the DMC light effect out and restitching it with Kreinik...I absolutely hated the DMC, and finally decided on doing the Kreinik in tent stitch, which turned out pretty well.



It doesn't look as good close up, but you can see a bit of the sparkles at the top of the wing, and I love how it is starting to take shape. I need to figure out how to take a long distance shot to really do it justice.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, off to check out everyone's weekend goodies!

hugs,
Nikki

7 comments:

Kate said...

Beautiful progress! Love McQueen too :)

Unknown said...

Great progress on both projects!!

Ewa said...

Looks great, nikki!

♥ Nia said...

Great progress!! :)

Joysze said...

Yup, it's a never-ending tug-of-war. More work = less time = more money= more stash and fun stuff.... siiiigh, hehe.

Great progress on them both. I can see the sparklies!! :D

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

beautiful stitching :D

Anonymous said...

Fantastic progress =)
It's always hard to capture the sparkle, if you find a good way to do so, let me know ;-)