Ok, so this blog thing seemed like a great idea, then I realized how much work it was! I still haven't managed to take all my photos (lighting was bad, and no sunshine in sight!) and I couldn't quite figure out how to add progress bars and pictures for my projects, which I really wanted to do. Then Ewa came to my rescue! Not only is she a fantastic stitcher, she is great at explaining things! lol
So anywho, I will be slowly (and I mean slowly!) adding pictures and progress over the next few days. On the plus side, I have managed to get lots of stitching in, since it has been raining for 4 days straight here in Nova Scotia. I have mainly been focusing on a Disney kit, Lightening McQueen, for a friend's little one. Here is where I am at so far:
Forgive the hoop lines! I think he is coming along quite nicely, but I am not looking forward to the bane of my stitching existence....backstitching! I have also been working on my HAED focus piece, Ascendant, but hit a snag; the pattern called for DMC 032, which I have as Kreinik blending filament, but I find it too thick and bulky for my fabric. It seems to make a raised section of stitching...so I think I may take it out and play around with some other options. I did pick up some DMC Light Effects in pearl white, so I will try that and see if I am happier with how it looks. As soon as I am satisfied, I will post an update on her...I am really happy with how she is turning out!