Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday, October 17, 2011

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I didn't get a whole lot of time to stitch, as I was working more over-time (sigh) but I did manage to get about 600 stitches in on Ascendant. I finally managed to get a half decent progress pic taken...forgive me, she doesn't look like much, but it is so exciting to see the design slowly taking place! So here she is, with 1 1/3 pages stitched, started August, 2011.


The right corner is where I have started her wings...you can't really see it in the photo, but there is some sparkley there! The picture really doesn't do her justice, she looks much nicer in person. I have set my goal at finishing one page a month, then rotating to other pieces...however, with Christmas (gasp!) coming, I may have to put her on the back burner while I finish up some little projects...but I really don't want to, as she is the only thing I really want to work on atm.

 On another note, I hope all who participated had a great IHSW! I am hoping to be signed up for the next one, as I really love excuses to plunk my butt down and do nothing but stitch! I am eagerly awaiting everyone's weekend progress pics!

/hugs,
Nikki

2 comments:

Ewa said...

Lovely progress, you've done a ton!! I love how delicate her wings are :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, she looks very lovely =)
It's always hard to photograph the sparkle, I guess there's no way to do that without a flash that misplaces all the other colors...