Friday, September 21, 2012

Late IHSW update, super late WIPocalypse, and the kitchen sink

Sooo late for everything yet again! I am finally back to work full-time, and it just seems like I don't have time for anything lately...so I will make up for it by showing you my pretty stitchy pics!

First up is my IHSW results. I worked on Tow Mater most of the weekend between cleaning and laundry.

Before IHSW:



After IHSW:


He is looking so good, buck teeth and all! Kinda nice to have something besides a HAED on the go, must easier to see, and far less concentration required, lol.


Now for WIPocalypse...unfortunately, with being back to work, my stitching time has taken a serious hit...but, on the plus side, I got some major mojo going for Sadness, and she was all I have worked on for  the last August WIPocalypse (so much for my rotation!)

Sadness last WIPocalypse:



Sadness now:



Much better pic this time, it really shows all the different shades in this one. I am now up to 30% completion...only 20% more to go to meet my last WIPocalypse goal for this!

 So like I don't have enough WIP's on the go, I bought some more stash I just couldn't resist for HAED Appreciation Week, and it just so happened that the HAED BB SAL this week is new starts, so I figured, hey, it's like getting permission right? Right? So here is the charts I bought!

Winter Soul:

Winter Soul

Waterfall Dragons:




















So can you guess which one I started? Yup, Waterfall Dragons! I just couldn't resist! This is by far the biggest WIP I have started, so I am gonna need to get some serious stitching in on this one just to show that it looks like something! Plus, I was super excited to try stitching on the new fabby I ordered, but holy cow, stitching on 28 count is small! I thought 25 count was bad...was I ever wrong! But on the plus side, the coverage is amazing, and I need to use slightly less fabby this way, so good trade off I suppose.

I realized today that my OCD is screaming at me...I am out of needles! I am crazy about how I need my WIP's set up, and each one gets pre-threaded needles and a cork-board with all the chart symbols, so that way I don't have to keep unthreading and threading all the time. So, with so many WIP's on the go, I have run out, so I think I may be working on Sadness or Ascendant until my order comes in, as they are the only two that have full boards atm, as I kinda had to 'borrow' so I could start Waterfall Dragons right away. So here is hoping I should have some progress pics soon for you! And I also need to go blog stalk as well, I am so far behind, I'm sorry!

hugs,
Nikki


9 comments:

sharine said...

Tow Mater is such a cutie. It is looking great:)

Monique said...

It would be interesting to see a pic of your board set up. I always love seeing peoples preferences as far as how they organise their stitchy stuff.

Miamina said...

Great work on Sadness and Tow Mater is coming along as well!

I don't blame you for stash shopping, it's all for a good cause and we're doing our part to keep the economy moving so it's win - win! I love both the charts you've bought and I can understand not wanting to wait to start Waterfall Dragons!

stitchstitchknit said...

Great work on your stitching projects, they both look fantastic =)
I love the new charts you got, Winter Soul is amazing =) And of corse, I am looking forward to see your new start on Waterfall Dragons =) The Matt Stewart designs are really huge!

Melinda said...

Love your Corkboard idea - for the needles, Must try it.

Love Mater, I often take breaks from HAED too.

Melissa said...

Great progress on both your pieces!

Ordinary girl said...

the sadness woman is looks great one and you make progress on your Cars also! both of them is lovely! good job! www.stitchingrendezvous.blogspot.com

Joysze said...

You know the saying.... "better late than never" and especially with such stunning pictures, all is well that ends well. :D

Ewa said...

You got some amazing progress in there! I think it's fascinating to see how different people set their projects up in different ways. For my Mario project I have a giant pincushion pillow that I stuck all the symbols to using small sticker labels and pins. I threaded a needle for each color and that's how I keep them! Really similar to your cork board method :)